The Best Cowboy Caviar
This is one of the best easy appetizer recipes because everyone loves it and it takes very little time to throw together. With the addition of avocado, corn, tomatoes, and more delicious ingredients, The Best Cowboy Caviar is at the top of our list of appetizer recipes. In just three easy steps, this dip comes together, and it can even be made ahead of time. Serve it with chips and you're sure to get praises from whoever tries it.
Chilling Time2 hr
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar, oil, hot sauce and pepper.
Add avocado and turn to coat. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
Chill, covered, for 2 hours to allow flavors to meld. Serve with tortilla chips or nachos.
Read NextSwamp Dip