Patriotic Angel Fruit Cake
Make up some easy angel food cake recipes for your favorite summer holidays, like 4th of July. They're simple and budget friendly. This Patriotic Angel Fruit Cake is filled with amazing flavor combinations. Enjoy!
Chilling Time4 hr
- 1 large angel food cake
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 cups crushed canned pineapple, drained
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 kiwi fruit, thinly sliced
- Starting 1 inch down from top, slice the top from cake.
- Lay aside to use later. Using a serrated knife and a spoon, cut out the inside of the cake, leaving a wall around all sides.
- Do not cut through to bottom. You will be using the cavity for the filling.
- Whip the cream and the confectioner's sugar until slightly stiff peaks form.
- Using half the cream, gently fold in the fruit and coconut, leaving out a few blueberries and the kiwi fruit for the top.
- Stuff the cavity with this fruit filling. Replace the top you earlier cut away.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on top and sides of cake; sprinkle a few blueberries around and decorate with overlapping slices of the thinly cut kiwi fruit.
- Decorate with any other fruit you prefer, and chill for a minimum of 4 hours.
Read NextChocolate Kisses Fudge
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.