If you're a fan of angel food cake and cherry pie filling, then you're going to fall in love with this simple dessert recipe. Angel Fluff is light and delicious - a dessert that will leave everyone asking for more. This is a lovely treat to add to your Mother's Day menu this year because it's so dainty. It is also a festive patriotic dessert because of its red and white coloring. You'll be able to make this dessert for more than one occasion.
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 container fat free Cool Whip
- 1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
- pecans, optional
- Start by tearing the angel food cake into small pieces, this would basically make it about 5 cups of torn pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the sugar and cream cheese, beating until well blended.
- Add in the cool whip, but be sure to reserve about 2oz for the top of the dessert. Go ahead and stir the pecans into the mixture if you choose to use them. Also, stir in the angel food cake pieces.
- In a nice large bowl, spoon 1/2 the mixture onto the bottom, top with about 3/4 of the cherry pie filling.
- Add the remaining mixture and the last bit of cool whip.
- Top with the last of the pie filling and sprinkle with a few more pecans and you have a nice, beautiful dessert. Serve chilled.
Read NextWhipping Cream Pound Cake