Sunshine Chicken Salad
No two chicken salad recipes are alike. Sunshine Chicken Salad, for example, is bursting with fruity flavor. Grapes and pineapple are added to the chicken, and everything is coated in a sweet and creamy dressing that makes the whole thing come together. You can use plain yogurt, but pineapple or pina colada yogurt adds a little more sunshine. This refreshing salad makes a terrific lunch and would be a nice addition to a spring or summer potluck. If you want some crunch, add celery and water chestnuts.
Watch how easily this chicken salad comes together:
If you want another way to eat your chicken salad, check out this round-up of 14 Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
- 1 ounce dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup yogurt (pineapple or pina colada-flavored if desired)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 and 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine dressing mix, mayonnaise, yogurt, and honey. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- Place chicken, pineapple, and grapes in a bowl (add celery and water chestnuts if desired). Toss with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds.
Read NextThrow Together Bologna Salad