The Best Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
Make an easy mozzarella cheese stick recipe tonight, it's a great snack for kids. Everyone in my house boasts these as the Best Mozzarella Cheese Sticks. So wrap up your senses in this cheesy goodness.
The difficult part of this is keeping the cheese from escaping the coating while it's frying. For best results, don't let the oil get too hot while frying, and try to keep the oil level at about 1/4 inch deep at all times during the process (i.e., do not deep fry).
Hey, this recipe was featured in one of our exclusive free eCookbooks. If you'd like to enjoy more recipes like this one then download 27 Terrific After School Snack Recipes today!
Cooking Time5 min
- 1 pound packaged mozzarella (string cheese)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup flavored bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Slice the mozzarella into flat wedges (it's easier to fry this way).
- Set up 3 bowls, one with flour, one with egg, one with the bread crumbs.
- Coat each piece of cheese first with flour, then egg, then bread crumbs, then throw immediately into the hot oil to fry (the coating doesn't turn out as well if you let it sit around inside its coating).
- Fry for a minute or two on each side until coating is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
Read NextBlueberry Cream Cheese Ice Cream