Fried Cheese Delights
If it's deep fried, it's usually good! These Fried Cheese Delights are perfect for an appetizer or any simple snack. In no time you can have a delicious treat ready for the family with this easy fried cheese recipe.
- 250 grams Cheddar cheese, grated finely
- 2 large size eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons graham flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 fresh green chilli, de-seeded if wished, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil for frying
- Put the cheese, eggs, flour. baking powder, chilli, coriander and salt in a bowl and mix together thoroughly. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more flour; if it is too dry, mix in a little more beaten egg white.
- Pour oil to a depth of about 5 cm (2 inches) into a deep-fryer or large saucepan and heat until hot enough to brown a cube of bread in 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, shape teaspoons of the cheese mixture into small balls.
- Carefully transfer the cheese balls to the hot oil and cook, in batches if necessary, for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Drain the balls on kitchen paper, then serve hot, skewered on cocktail sticks and accompanied by tomato chutney.
Read NextSeasoned Butter Spread