Slow Cooker Potato and Ham Casserole
Filled with cheese, ham, and potatoes, this wonderful slow cooker recipe is cooked with a jalapeno for a little zip. Hearty and packed with flavor, it will become one of your favorites. There's no such thing as too much of a good thing.
Follow along with this recipe video tutorial and see how the dish is made:
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 pound ham, sliced of chopped
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can cream of tomato soup
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Layer ½ of leeks on the bottom of the slow cooker pot, then layer ½ of potatoes on top, then ½ of ham on top of potatoes, then 1 cup of cheese, then ½ amount of herbs and spices and ½ of jalapeno.
- Then repeat all the layering with the rest of ingredients in the same order.
- Pop the lid on and plug on high setting for 5 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jan 16, 2019
Really, really, REALLY need to post an appetizing pic. This looks like something fed to a dog or a prison meal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use