Slow Cooker Cabbage Ground Beef Stew
This image courtesy of recipelion.com
Cabbage recipes have been super popular as of late; and why not as cabbage is so universal and cheap! Try this recipe for Slow Cooker Cabbage Ground Beef Stew, it's got everything you love about stew recipes. Easier even than cabbage casserole, this recipe is the perfect warm and hearty meal for chilly days.
Check out this easy video to learn more about this recipe:
Cooking Time5 hr 5 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 little cabbage, finely chopped
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1/2 cup rice
- 6 cups water (add 1/3 cup more if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Caramelize onion in oil on high heat for 5 minutes or until well caramelized.
- In slow cooker mix spices, beef, cabbage, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cover everything with water about 1-inch above all ingredients.
- Set slow cooker to high setting and cook for 4.5 hours.
- Then mix in lemon juice and rice. Cook for another 20-30 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Serve with sour cream or yogurt. Enjoy!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.