Comfort Beef Pot Pie
Sit with a cup of hot chocolate and wait for this delectable beef pot pie to cook. Comfort Beef Pot Pie has all of the ingredients of the dish you remember growing up. Break the crust and taste what you will consider to be the best pot pie recipe.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 carrots, pared & sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 1 onion, large, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16-ounces) whole tomatoes
- Biscuit topping
- Place steak cubes in slow cooker. Combine flour, salt and pepper, toss with steak to coat thoroughly. Stir in remaining ingredients except Biscuit Topping and mix thoroughly. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 7 to 10 hours.
- One hour before serving, remove meat and vegetables from slow cooker and pour into shallow 2-1/2-quart baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover meat mixture with Biscuit Topping. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Read NextSlow Cooker Pork Chops And Gravy