Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipes for chocolate chip cookies are as widely varied as the people that I know. This one happens to be particularly good! You could probably use a regular baking mix too, but the whole wheat mix gives a good texture and slightly nutty flavor. Delicious!
Cooking Time10 min
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 4 cups whole wheat baking mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk yogurt and eggs with a whisk until well blended.
- Blend in sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla and whisk well.
- Add the 4 cups whole wheat baking mix and nutmeg and whisk well. At this point you may need to use a spoon to mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (2 inches in diameter) place 9 scoops of dough, a few inches apart per lightly greased baking sheet.
- Dip bottom of a glass in granulated sugar and press down on each ball of dough to flatten into a circle.
- Place in center oven rack and bake about 8 to 10 minutes or cookies are slightly raised and appear set and don't appear wet in the center. They should be light brown on the bottom but will appear pale on top. Do not overbake as they will continue to bake after removing from the oven.
Read NextBite-Size Cinnamon Roll Cookies