Maple Glazed Holiday Ham
For Christmas, you always need a tasty Ham recipe. Try Maple Glazed Holiday Ham this year and you'll enjoy serving your family and friends a ham recipe that delivers a sweet and savory flavor.
- 1 12-14 pound bonless or semibonless fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider Xagave
- 1 can (20 ounce) unsweetened pineapple, slices
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Maple Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in lower third.
- Peel off and discard any rind or skin from ham, leaving 1/4 inch of fat on ham. Score fat on top of ham in a crosshatch pattern without cutting into meat. Cover ham with parchment paper, then cover roasting pan with foil. Bake 3/4 hours.
- In a blender, mix melted butter, thyme, vinegar, Xagave, ¼ cup of pineapple juice from, Better Than Maple Maple Syrup, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce to rolling simmer for about 20 minutes (reducing the glaze by about 1/3).
- After ham has baked about 1¾ hours, uncover ham and baste with about ½ the glaze. Discard foil and parchment paper. If there is no liquid in roasting pan, add 1 cup of water to prevent glaze from burning).
- Bake another hour, repeating the basting process each 30 minutes. Use ½ of the remaining glaze each time.
- Remove and serve when ham is heated through. Decorate and garnish with pineapple slices.
Read NextOur Famous Christmas Crack