Transport to the Mediterranean with this Greek island-inspired chicken dish. The delicious fried chicken smothered in the tomato, mushroom and garlic sauce is like an island adventure in your mouth!
For more great fried chicken recipes, check out our collection of 20 Scrumptious Fried Chicken Recipes.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, halved
- 9 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, reserve liquid
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Flour to dredge chicken
- 1/2 pound mushrooms quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can Italian tomatoes with liquid, 22 oz
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 3/4 cup sherry, straight
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring chicken breasts to room temperature. Cut each half-breast into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Drain artichoke hearts, reserving liquid.
- Combine half of this liquid in a saute pan with 2 tbsp of the olive oil.
- Dredge chicken in a little flour. Saute chicken in hot oil mixture in 3 or 4 batches, adding more of the reserved artichoke liquid as necessary.
- Remove chicken from pan and saute mushrooms, adding butter as needed. Reserve mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Pour the tomatoes and their liquid, the garlic, and the seasonings into a saute pan, and simmer about 10 mins.
- Add chicken, olives, reserved artichoke hearts and sherry. Cook another 10 mins, then add mushrooms.
- Cool mixture and refrigerate or freeze up to one month.
- On serving day, bring chicken back to room temperature. Bake in 350F oven until hot and bubbly. Serve over brown rice.
- NOTE: I add some feta cheese crumbled over it. Also, it was great with some orzo pasta.
Read NextDump-and-Bake Chicken Marsala
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jun 06, 2011
@momatbook 3380537: You should be able to print the recipe using the "print" button at the top of the page. If you are still having trouble, try this: highlight the recipe, right-click, select copy, paste into a Word document, and print the document. Hope this helps! -- Editors of RecipeLion
Jun 04, 2011
I am having a very hard time printing out the receipe for casserole chicken.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use