Wild Wheat Salad
For an easy, hearty lunch recipe, try this salad made with bulgur. You can even add in other ingredients of your choosing, such as currants or cranberries, to personalize your flavors!
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 2 cups rough cut bulgur wheat
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons chopped mustard greens
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons almonds or olives, chopped
- 1 large head leaf chicory or red-leaf lettuce, chopped
1. Pour boiling water over bulgur and soak for 30 to 40 minutes.
2. Drain away excess water.
3. Mix in remaining ingredients.
4. Serve immediately or chill, covered, until serving time.
Read NextOatmeal Scrapple