Spiced Cabbage and Rice Bake
Here's a perfect dish to serve when you are looking for something that will fill you up and has a lot of flavor. Spiced Cabbage and Rice Bake is not only super tasty, but also one of our favorite frugal recipes. With cabbage, ground pork, and southwest flavors, it will most likely become a family favorite. Don't pass up on one of our tastiest casserole recipes and enjoy. There's nothing better than a homemade casserole fresh out of the oven!
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking Vessel Size13 x 9
- 1 pound ground pork, cooked and drained (ground beef also works)
- 1 can (7-ounces) ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5-ounces.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can (8-ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 head of small cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine pork, chiles, onion, tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, rice, garlic, chili powder and cumin in medium bowl.
Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with cabbage, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese; cover.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Read Next5-Ingredient Amish Baked Spaghetti