Heavenly Hash Candy
If you're in the mood for something salty and sweet and are looking for an easy party recipe, check out this one for Heavenly Hash Candy. It combines the sweetness of chocolate with the saltiness of nuts, and it's super simple to make! This easy holiday dessert recipe is one that may please the adults more than the kids -- unless your kids are fond of whole roasted almonds -- however, the sweet and salty combo is one that makes this a great snack option. If you're looking for a unique gift idea you can make at home, this recipe is a great one to try.
See this recipe and more in 41 Halloween Party Food Recipes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (about can)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 16 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or liquid vanilla
- 2 cups roasted salted almonds, kept whole
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Line an 8 x 8-inch bake dish with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- Spray paper and pan lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium heavy-bottom saucepan place the sugar, evaporated milk and corn syrup. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Whisk frequently and continue to boil until the mixture reaches 220 degrees F on an instant-read or candy thermometer. Remove from the heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate and vanilla and stir until the chocolate completely melts. Cool for 15 minutes before folding in the almonds and marshmallows so that they do not melt.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared pan, smoothing the top and pushing it into the corners. Refrigerate at least 2 hours until it is firm.
- Pull the candy from the bake dish using the parchment paper overhang and set on a cutting board. Use a serrated knife dipped into warm water to make ½-inch wide strips, then cut into 2-inch long pieces to form 24 bars. Or cut into 12 squares if you prefer.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature to serve.
Read NextHomemade Candy Buttons