1 2 3 4 No Fail Cake
This 1 2 3 4 No Fail Cake gets its name from how easy it is to prepare. Just four simple steps, five if you count preheating the oven and greasing the pans, are all you need to whip up this delicious yet simple cake recipe. While this dessert may be easy to make, it's still incredibly delicious and no one who tastes it will guess that it's one of the most foolproof recipes of all time. When you're in need of an effortless recipe for cake, give this one a try and you're sure to come away impressed with the results!
- 1 cup (1/2 lb) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Put the butter into a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until the butter lightens in color, 2 minutes. Gradually add the sugar. Beat until the mixture is very light and fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes, stopping several times to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, mixing just until the eggs disappear. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating it with the milk and vanilla, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix lightly only until each addition is incorporated.
- Divide batter among prepared pans. Bake until the cake just begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, 28 to 32 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then loosen from the sides with a small knife. Invert layers onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Read Next1950s Hot Milk Sponge Cake