Using only the freshest ingredients, this jambalaya recipe will satisfy any hungry family. Made with smoked sausage and placed on a bed of white rice, you won't leave the dinner table hungry. Courtesy of Amanda from Amanda's Cookin', try her Sausage Jambalaya for something new and delicious.
- 12 ounces smoked andouille sausage or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 green bell pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 can (15-ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped or 3/4 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Cook the sausage, bell pepper, onion and garlic in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Stir occasionally for 3 minutes or until the sausage is lightly browned but not thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until the liquid is just about absorbed.
Read NextOne-Pot Red Beans and Rice