Acadian Crawdad Cakes
These Tabasco-driven Crawdad Cakes are straight from the bayou! Make this recipe in less than one hour.
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time45 min
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 crawfish tails, ground
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, crisp, crumble
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chop fine
- 1/2 cup shallots, chop fine
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- thyme, to taste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Tabasco, to taste
- 3 eggs, well beaten
1) Mix crawfish tails, rice, bell pepper, bacon, parsley, shallots, basil, thyme, salt and Tabasco together well.
2) Pour the eggs over the mixture and blend them into the rice mixture. Let mixture "set" in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, covered.
3) Melt butter in skillet or griddle. Then, keeping your hands moist with a few drops of water shape the mixture into small squares, about 3x3x1/2" and plop them on the griddle. They will sizzle nicely and turn light brown in a few minutes. Flip over and fry until brown.
Read NextNew Orleans Dirty Rice
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use