Very Veggie Bean Enchiladas
These veggie-packed enchiladas are a low budget vegetarian wonder! Delicious and simple, these are sure to become one of your family's favorite budget friendly recipes. They are easy to make and so yummy, you'll be glad the serving size is two!
Cooking Time45 min
- 2 cans (15-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dozen tortillas
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 cups green beans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 cup grated cheddar and/or jack cheese
- 2 cups cooked pinto, kidney, or other beans
- Puree 1 stalk celery, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 onion, and spices (except parsley) with 1 can tomato sauce in blender.
- Pour into pan and add second can of tomato sauce. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes while you assemble enchiladas.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute remaining onion, pepper, celery and parsley in oil.
- Add vegetables and cook, covered, until tender.
- Add cornmeal and beans.
- Fill tortillas with generous 1/3 cup vegetable mixture and roll to form enchilada.
- Place enchiladas in single layer in baking pan.
- Cover with sauce. Top with cheese.
- Heat in oven for 20-30 minutes.
Read NextThe Fastest Shepherd's Pie