Hillbilly Cabbage One Pot
Were not sure how this one pot recipe got its name, but there is one thing we are sure about - its delicious flavor. Hillbilly Cabbage One Pot is a fabulous, hearty dish that is perfect if you are on a budget and have a big appetite. Made with cabbage, carrots, potatoes, and ground beef, everything cooks together so you get to taste each and every ingredient.
- 1 head cabbaage, coarsely chopped
- 3 or 4 large carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
Brown ground beef in dutch oven. Pour off any grease.
Put everything else all in large dutch oven, cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, till all is tender. Optional, add mushrooms, zuchinni or whatever you like.
Read NextChicken Alfredo Bubble Up