Ground Beef, Rice, and Cabbage Hot Pot
This beefy slow cooker dinner recipe has everything you could want out of a meal and more. With rice for carbohydrates, ground beef for protein and cabbage as your vegetable, you're getting a well-rounded meal in one simple recipe. The combination of flavors in this easy recipe with ground beef is simply mouthwatering and one forkful will show you why we love this dish so much. Leave the ingredients to simmer together for about six hours in the slow cooker and a delicious supper will await you at the end of the day!
If you enjoyed this easy and budget friendly ground beef casserole recipe, then find more great options in Frugal Recipes: 26 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes. Get a quick glimpse at the recipe collection here:
Cooking Time6 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Slow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 cups finely chopped or shredded cabbage
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and onion, until meat is brown and onion is tender, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Transfer meat mixture to slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low setting 5-1/2 to 6 hours. Remove bay leaf.
Read Next40 Amish Recipes