Easy Southwest Skillet
Considered the mayor of Tasty Town Hall, all you need is one skillet to make this budget-friendly recipe. Easy Southwest Skillet is a zesty beef dish, made with tomatoes, kidney beans and instant rice; it's everything a cowboy would love! Topped with cheddar cheese to give it the ultimate flavor boost, it's one of the easiest ground beef recipes that the family will love. There won't be any leftovers with this one.
Plus find a sneak peek of our cowboy recipe collection, 27 Authentic Western Recipes, here:
Serves4 about 1 1/4 cups each
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (10.75-ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Beefy Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, drained and cut up
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, to serve with
Cook the beef and chili powder in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir the soup, water, tomatoes and beans in the skillet and heat to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Stir in the rice. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender. Sprinkle with the cheese. Serve with the tortilla chips for dipping.
Read Next23 Easy Recipes Using Crescent Rolls