Dollar Store Black Bean Soup
Creating delicious meals on a budget is a difficult task. Try this wonderful Dollar Store Black Bean Soup for a great frugal recipe that only requires four ingredients. Made with beans, salsa and garnished with Cheddar cheese, it's a must for dinner tonight.
Note: Every dollar store is different, and not all of them may carry these ingredients. If your local dollar store does not carry these food products, feel free to substitute with inexpensive items from other grocery stores.
See more delcious recipes like these on this blogger's Featured Foodie page.
Cooking Time45 min
- 4 cans (15-ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 ounces jar of your favorite salsa
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a soup-sized pot, add the black beans, salsa, water and salt and cover the pot.
- Over-medium high heat, cook the beans for 30 minutes, stirring every five minutes or so.
- When beans are done, use an immersion blender to puree soup.
- Ladle soup into four bowls and if desired, garnish with cheddar cheese and green onions
Read NextQuick Fix Casserole