Delicious Cherry Brownies
You'll love these guilt-free Delicious Cherry Brownies! The best part is, you won't have to hit the gym to make up for indulging in this simple brownie recipe.
Cooking Time40 min
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt, to taste
- Filing Ingredients
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped
- 1 to 2 drops red food color (optional)
- Prepare cherry cream filling; set aside. (See below for recipe)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease square baking pan.
- Stir butter and cocoa in bowl until well blended; let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar and vanilla. Continue beating until well blended. Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture. Add cocoa mixture; stir until well blended.
- Spread half of chocolate batter into prepared pan; cover with cherry filling. Drop spoonfuls of remaining chocolate batter over filling. Swirl chocolate batter into filling for marbled effect.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool; cut into squares.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover brownies. Bring to room temperature to serve.
Cherry Cream Filling
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in small bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until blended.
- Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract; beat well.
- Mixture should be thin.
- Stir in cherries and food color, if desired.
Read NextChocolate Syrup Brownies