Dark Chocolate Brownies with Sea Salt
Homemade brownie recipes are almost as easy as opening up a box mix. Here is a basic brownie recipe that I adapted into Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Brownies. It's an easy, decadent brownie recipe to make at home.
Cooking Time25 min
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 11x7-inch baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, flour, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and baking powder with a whisk.
- Melt the butter and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips and stir with a whisk until they begin to melt. Add the sugar and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Top with the additional 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove them from the oven when the center is still slightly underdone and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Top with more coarse sea salt when ready to serve.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Oct 24, 2011
Hi pamarkley 9963712 - You should be able to purchase both dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate cocoa powder at your local grocery store. I know that Hersheys makes a "Special Dark Cocoa" that I've seen at my grocer. Hope this helps! -The editors of RecipeLion
Oct 22, 2011
You should find dark choc chips at the grocery store. You should be able to find both at Trader Joes.
Oct 21, 2011
Where are you buying dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate cocoa powder?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use