Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream cheese brownies have been a favorite in my household for years. The kids love them and the adults sneak them when they think no one is looking! They are gobbled up so quickly, they never even make it inside the fridge.
Cooking Time45 min
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In saucepan melt chocolate pieces and butter over low heat. Remove from heat. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; stir just till blended
- Stir together flour and baking powder. Add to chocolate mixture; stir just till dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour half of the batter into greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside while preparing cheese filling.
Cream Cheese Filling
8-ounce package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
In mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in egg and dash salt. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Pour cheese filling over partially baked layer. Carefully spoon remaining half of brownie batter over filling. Swirl slightly with knife, being careful not to touch the bottom layer. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool completely before trying to cut.
Read NextTwo Bite Brownies