For some of the most delicious, decadent brownies you can imagine, try these Boom Booms! I got the recipe from a friend, no explanation of the funny name, but they are so rich and wonderful, it really doesn't matter.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, chilled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8" square pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water.
- Cool the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Place the 1 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and pour in the chocolate mixture.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix until blended, about 25 seconds.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula and add the 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed, add the first 3 eggs, one at a time, blending after each addition until the yolk is broken and dispersed, about 10 seconds each.
- Scrape the bowl after the last egg and blend until velvety, about 15 more seconds.
- Add the 3/4 cup of flour on low speed and mix for 20 seconds; finish the mixing by hand, being certain to mix in any flour at the bottom of the bowl; set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, 5 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 1/2 teaspoons of flour and the last egg in a food processor and process until blended, about 45 seconds; set aside.
- Spread about 2/3 of the brownie batter in the prepared pan.
- Spread the cream cheese filling over the brownie batter.
- Using a spoon, scoop the remaining brownie batter over the filling in nine equal mounds arranged in rows of threes so that there is some space between them.
- Run a chopstick or the handle of a wooden spoon back and forth the length of the pan, making parallel lines about 1-1/2 inches apart, then do the same thing in the other direction as if making a grid; this will marbleize the two mixtures.
- Shake the pan gently back and forth to level the batter.
- Bake the bars at 300F degrees on the center oven rack until a tester in the center comes out clean or with some moist crumbs, about 50 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool for 1 hour before cutting.
Read NextNutella Brownie Fruit Pizza