Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
The perfect way to start Christmas is with a delicious breakfast. This budget friendly Christmas recipe is so easy to make ahead that all you have to do is heat it up on Christmas morning for a warm, flavorful breakfast that the whole family will love. With bacon and Cheddar cheese in the mix, it's hard to go wrong with a breakfast casserole recipe as flavorful and hearty as this one. Worcestershire sauce and a dash of Tabasco kick up the spice factor in this breakfast bake without making it too overwhelming. Give this yummy casserole a try and you'll see why it's one of our favorite ways to start the day!
Discover more easy, make-ahead Christmas casserole recipes here:
Cooking Time1 hr
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 1 stick butter, melted and divided
- 16 slices white bread or challah, crusts removed
- 16 slices very thinly sliced Canadian bacon or ham
- 16 slices sliced cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 4 drops Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup each diced red and green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 cups lightly crushed corn flakes
Be sure to enter to win a Swiss Diamond XD Nonstick Roasting Pan to use while making this recipe! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas!
- Melt butter and brush inside a 9 x 13-inch casserole liberally with some of it.
- Assemble 8 “sandwiches” of bread, meat, cheese, bread and fit them into the casserole in one layer. Brush the top layer with some of the melted butter.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and peppers. Whisk in the milk and pour over the bread layers in the casserole. Sprinkle the top with red and green peppers and green onion. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight to absorb the custard mixture.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the remaining butter (you may have to re-melt) with the crushed cereal. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole and bake for 1 hour until the center is set. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
For more breakfast casserole recipes you can make on Christmas morning, check out our collection, 18 Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipes.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of December 24th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until December 23rd, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite holiday breakfast meal?
Answer below in the comments to receive a bonus entry to the contest!
Read NextShareable Breakfast Pull Apart Bread