Bread Machine Bagels
Did you ever try to find a homemade bagel recipe with bread machine? I finally found this one, and I'm so glad I did! My family loves bread machine recipes, and this recipe for bagels is no exception. We serve them with butter, cream cheese, or even peanut butter and cinnamon. Everyone loves them!
Cooking Time25 min
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- Place ingredients in bread machine, use dough setting. When setting completed, remove dough from pan (if not using a bread machine, knead dough for ~5 minutes and let rise in warm place).
- Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- Punch and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth.
- Cut into 5 equal pieces.
- From each piece form a ball and make a hole in each using your thumbs. Stretch until smooth and hole is about 1 inch.
- Place bagels on greased baking sheet and let rise covered for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Boil 6 cups of water in a large saucepan or skillet.
- Cook bagels 2 at a time in the boiling water for 3 minutes, turning once.
- Place bagels on greased sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with favorite toppings.
- Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes until deep golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Read NextBread Machine Cornbread