Gluten Free Hearty Chicken Pie
For one of the best chicken pot pie recipes you've ever tasted you must make this Bisquick recipe. The Gluten Free Hearty Chicken Pie may be gluten free but you'll never know it! It's definitely a winner among other Bisquick recipes out there.
Cooking Time30 min
- CHICKEN MIXTURE:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cup)
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cup cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Bisquick Gluten Free mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in vegetables, chicken, broth, salt and thyme; heat to boiling. In small bowl, mix 3⁄4 cup milk and the cornstarch with whisk until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Heat just to boiling. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- In small bowl, stir all topping ingredients except parsley with whisk or fork until blended. Drop topping mixture by small spoonfuls over chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.
Read NextBisquick Cinnamon Rolls