Brownie Mix with Pecans
Preparation Time15 min
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour sugar into a clean and dry one quart jar. Press down firmly.
- Add cocoa powder and press down firmly. Pour in chopped pecans, making sure pecans are evenly layered in the jar.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Pour into jar and seal.
- Attach the following directions to the jar: Empty mix into large bowl. Use your hands to mix thoroughly. Add 3/4 cup of butter or margarine and 4 slightly beaten eggs. Mix until completely blended. Spread batter into a lightly greased or sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until done. Cool in pan. Cut into 2 inch squares. Makes 2 dozen
Read NextHomemade "Jiffy" Cornbread Mix