Szechwan Beef with Vegetables
Remember how much you used to look forward to getting Chinese takeout when you were a kid? Now you can make the delicious taste at home with Szechwan Beef with Vegetables.
- 12 ounces steak, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red pepper, in thin strips
- 1 can baby corn, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups sauce
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
1. In large skillet with oil, stir-fry beef 1/2 at a time for 3-4 min. Remove.
2. With 1 Tbsp oil, stir fry broccoli, pepper, carrots and corn 2 min. Return beef to pan and add green onions, sauce, and chili and oil. Stir for 1 min. Serve over rice or noodles.
TO MAKE SAUCE: 1/4 cup cornstarch. 2 Tbsp brown sugar. 2 tsp minced fresh ginger. 2 large cloves garlic, minced. 1/8 tsp cayenne. 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce. 2 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar. 3/4 cup water. 1 Tbsp chicken broth powder. 1/3 cup sherry. Combine all in a quart jar. Shake to mix well.
Read NextSlow Cooker Saucy Asian Ribs