Szechuan Peanut Chicken
A spicy salsa provides the flavor punch in this delicious simple stir fry recipe. Seasoned with soy, ginger, and garlic, the sauce is tossed with chicken and noodles to make an out-of-this-world dinner dish.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 green onions, thickly sliced
- 8 ounces package thin spaghetti, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
- green onion, thickly sliced, garnish
Stir the chicken, soy, ginger and garlic in a medium bowl.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture and stir-fry until it's well browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken mixture from the skillet and set it aside.
Stir the picante sauce, peanut butter and onions in the skillet. Return the chicken mixture to the skillet and heat until it's hot and bubbling. Serve over the spaghetti. Sprinkle with additional onions.
Read NextQuick Chicken Stir-Fry