Quick Beef and Broccoli
Quick Beef and Broccoli is one of the best cheap quick easy dinner recipes around. This quick recipe for supper is way better than any restaurant version. It's great for a weeknight dinner option because it will take you less than 15 minutes to make it! Plus, it's all done on the stove top, so you don't even need to wait for anything to bake. Dinner couldn't get much easier.
- 1 pound beef tips, sliced very thinly
- 4 broccoli florets, washed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh or jarred
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 4-5 good shakes soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons corn starch
- Hot cooked brown or white rice
- Put a the olive oil into a hot nonstick skillet over medium high heat; when the oil is hot, add the garlic and a the red pepper flakes. Saute briefly, do not let garlic brown.
- Add the beef and stir fry until mostly cooked, some pink can remain.
- Add the teriyaki sauce. Add the broccoli. Cover the skillet and cook for about five minutes on med high heat, stirring every once in a while.
- When the broccoli is almost done, stir the cornstarch and cold water together and stir into the skillet to thicken the sauce a little. Once the broccoli is done, just spoon this over the rice.
- Remember that it cooks down quite a bit, so pile it up good in the skillet and give it a good tossing.
Read NextCashew Chicken Dinner