Ip Jai (steamed Mochi Dumplings)
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tsps sugar
- 2 cups mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup water
- 4 to 5 large ti leaves or 1 banana leaf, cut into 3x4 inch pieces and oiled
- with salad oil
Yield: 12 Ip Jai. You may want to use cotton twine to wrap the dough in the leaves. Combine filling ingredients and set aside. Mix mochiko and water to make a crumbly dough. Divide dough into 12 parts. Press each part into a circle, 3 inches in diameter. Place 1 Tablespoon filling in center of each circle of dough and pinch edges of dough together to seal and form a ball. Wrap each ball in a piece of oiled leaf. Place in an oiled steamer and steam for 20 minutes. Serve.
Read NextSlow Cooker Korean Short Ribs
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.