Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops
Pork chops are great, but they need a good marinade to make them spectacular. Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops have an Asian-style marinade that adds the right flavor. This pork chops recipe is simple enough to make during the week. Just remember that you have to marinate the pork overnight, so prepare it the day before you want to eat it.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped fine
- 6 (1-inch-thick) rib pork chops, bones frenched by butcher if desired
1. In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger root. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool marinade completely.
2. Put chops in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over them. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, overnight.
3. Pour marinade into a saucepan and boil 5 minutes.
4. Grill chops on an oiled rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through, basting with marinade during last 5 minutes of cooking. (Alternatively, meat may be grilled in a ridged grill pan or broiled.) Serve pork chops with relish. Serve with a pineapple-papaya salsa.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Dec 30, 2017
I used this as a stir fry sauce with pork chops that I cut into cubes. This is a great recipe with amazing flavor! It fried with the pork and veggies wonderfully, and it wasn't dry at all. I served it with rice. I will be adding this one to my monthly plan.
Jun 27, 2017
Preparing your meal the day/night before always saves on cooking time during the week. These chops take less than 15 to cook so great for a mid-week meal. They look so tasty. I love teriyaki flavors and I like the addition of the sesame seeds in the picture, I will follow that idea. I'm definitely making them soon!
Nov 23, 2016
I love Japanese food and one of them is this Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops. I like the sweet taste of teriyaki sauce and the very distinct Japanese taste it imparts. Teriyaki actually means a process of cooking where meat or vegetables are grilled then glazed with teriyaki sauce which is a concoction of Japanese soy sauce, sugar and mirin. This sauce can actually be used in other Japanese recipes. Soo delicious this grilled teriyaki pork chops.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use