Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops
Pork chops are great, but they need a good marinade to make them spectacular. Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops have an Asian-style marinade that adds the right flavor. This pork chops recipe is simple enough to make during the week. Just remember that you have to marinate the pork overnight, so prepare it the day before you want to eat it.
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped fine
- 6 (1-inch-thick) rib pork chops, bones frenched by butcher if desired
1. In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger root. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool marinade completely.
2. Put chops in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over them. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, overnight.
3. Pour marinade into a saucepan and boil 5 minutes.
4. Grill chops on an oiled rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals 7 to 8 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through, basting with marinade during last 5 minutes of cooking. (Alternatively, meat may be grilled in a ridged grill pan or broiled.) Serve pork chops with relish. Serve with a pineapple-papaya salsa.
Read NextQuick Chicken Stir-Fry