Cold Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli
For an authentic Asian dish, make the Cold Sesame Noodles with Chicken and Broccoli. This recipe has a little bit of a kick and tons of great flavor. With hearty chicken and veggies, serve it as a complete meal.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter or tahini
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed hot red pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound linguine or oriental noodles
- 2 tablespoons Oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, poached and shredded
- In a large caucepan of boiling water, cook broccoli until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain into collander and rinse until cool, drain well.
- Combine peanut butter (or tahini) amd water in a blender or food processor mix until smooth.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic, and red pepper, blend.
- Put cooked chicken in medium bowl, add peanut-sesame sauce and toss to coat.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator up to two hours.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles until tender but still firm to the bite.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water, drain well.
- In a large boil, toss noodles with vegetable oil.
- Add chicken with sauce, broccoli, and scallions.
- Toss and serve slightly chilled or at room temperature.