Ajar (Thai Salad)
This basic salad is made unique by the addition of rice vinegar, a staple of Asian cooking. Refrigerate Ajar for three hours before serving.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 small fresh red or green chili
1. In a medium bowl, stir vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until sugar & salt are dissolved.
2. Quarter cucumber lengthwise. Remove seeds. Cut quarters crossswise into 1/8" thick slices.
3. Add cucumber, onion, cilantro & chili to vinegar dressing; toss until combined.
4. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Read NextCashew Chicken Dinner